Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sapelo Sunset Marsh

Sapelo Marsh Sunset is only 12 x 24 inches allowing for intimate viewing of a vista (in contrast to Sapelo Sunset diptych.) The setting sun was humongous so near the horizon. The dramatic cloud cover won my heart. This scene is a close up of my favorite part of the expansive view from the dock behind the duty quarters that housed me during my 2007 artist in residency on Sapelo Island, Georgia. Finally got to paint it!

Back to the OOHA Hugs Ocala art exhibit.....
The row of palms painting from 2 posts back hung proudly (after all) between the two tall paintings from 1 post back. For the full scoop visit my In and Out of the Studio blog where you can see a photo of the Out of Hand Artists and a selection of displayed work.




No comments:

Share

Bookmark and Share