Monday, September 14, 2009

My Grandma's Flabby Arm

photo of Nancy Moskovitz courtesy of Carole Drost
My grandma's flabby arm grabs my paintbrush whenever a camera points my way. Uncanny.

That said, I have to credit good friend Carole Drost who dropped her brushes long enough to sneak these two totally candid snapshots. And I thank her for mostly minimizing the jiggles.

A huge thank you to Michelle Foster and everyone at Blakely House. They treated us like royalty.

And another ton of thanks to my friends, family, and patron/friends who came by and made my day so much fun.

Photos courtesy of Carole Drost.

You can see more of Carole's photos of the smart artists painting on the Blakely House porch where the raindrops didn't matter, and the muffins were delish on Carole's blog. You can also feast on her colorful paintings.

Her link is at the end of the post because you can't get back here from there for some reason.

p.s. To see a photo of Carole painting and read more paint out coverage, click through to Sharon Crute's Art of Horse Racing blog. Sharon and Jackie's new gallery Voilart provided potties and more to grateful artists.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your writings as well as your paintings. However, I'd not have noticed your arms if you hadn't mentioned them. Guess we're all more aware of our own minor imperfections than the rest of the world is. Whenever I read your comments and leave your website, I'm smiling. Bet your fans don't know what a great chef you are too.
Judy

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Hi Judy
Thanks so much for your generous comment.......and for signing your name!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy!
I thought I had commented on this earlier. I loved this comment you made about your Grandmothers arm. I have mine also! I would not trade it for the world. {okay, maybe a little firmer}. Your work is always so beautiful. I enjoy the feeling I have while strolling thru your paintings. Thanks for being the generous artist that you are.
Dottie

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Hi Dottie. Your comment on an older post was wonderful to see this morning. You probably commented when the post appeared on facebook. There were lots of comments there; seems to have struck a chord.

Vanessa said...

Hi Nancy,this arm issue is a topic that is a worldwide conversation most women have had at some point in their lives. Also one day going on a road trip with my husband, me sitting in the front passenger seat, I looked into my side mirror and could only see the reflection of a women from the bridge of her nose down to her neck, I knew I had seen that person before and said to Rodney,"I did'nt know my mother was coming on this trip with us". He looked at what I saw, laughed and said your mother is a good looking women. Hope to visit with you again, Vanessa

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Rodney is a keeper!

Share

Bookmark and Share